Math/CS Course Evaluation Form
Please take a few minutes to fill out this questionnaire. Your
comments will b evaluable in helping to improve the course. They will
also be used by the department for faculty evaluation. These forms will
not be read by the instructor until after grades are assigned.
- Class Sessions. Were the lectures at the right
level for you? Were difficult concepts explained well for the most
part? Did you feel free to ask questions when you didn't understand
a concept? What were the most effective uses of class time?
- Assignments. Were the assignments too easy? Too
hard? Did the assignments help you learn the subject? Did the
instructors's evaluation of your work help you learn the subject?
- Exams. Did the exams cover the important material
of the course? Were they at the right level? Did you feel you knew
how to prepare for the exams?
- Text/Readings. Were the text and other readings
useful? What were their strengths and weaknesses? (If there were
handouts, web pages, reserve readings, etc., comment on those, too.)
- Organization. Did the most important topics
stand out clearly? Could you see how the topics fit together?
Were there topics that went too quickly? Topics that went too slowly?
a. What were the strengths of the course?
b. What suggestions would you give for improving the course?
- How much time per week outside of class did you spend on this course?
- What percent of the assignments did you complete?
- What percent of the classes did you attend?
- Did you work with other students?
- Did you get help from the instructor outside of class?