Summary: Read the long handouts. Summarize key points.
Purpose: To help you think more about what tutorial and college entail.
Assigned: Sunday, 24 August 2003
Due: Thursday, 28 August 2003
1. Read Writing in College by Joseph M. Williams and Lawrence McEnerney (distributed to the class).
2. On an index card, write down five important lessons from Williams that you think would be useful to share with colleagues in other tutorials.
3. Read the course syllabus (including all my various notes).
4. On the other side of the index card, write down three important lessons from the syllabus that you think your colleagues in tutorial who skipped this assignment would benefit from.
5. Make sure to write your name on the index card, too.
Friday, 22 August 2003 [Samuel A. Rebelsky]
Sunday, 24 August 2003 [Samuel A. Rebelsky]
I usually create these pages
on the fly, which means that I rarely
proofread them and they may contain bad grammar and incorrect details.
It also means that I tend to update them regularly (see the history for
more details). Feel free to contact me with any suggestions for changes.
This document was generated by
Siteweaver on Mon Dec 1 20:49:04 2003.
The source to the document was last modified on Sun Aug 24 12:24:57 2003.
This document may be found at