Class 18: Work time + OOD
We discuss some important issues. Groups work on their projects
- An example of good project planning
- Managing dependencies
- Work time
News / Etc.
- Remember the project reports are due EVERY FRIDAY at 5 p.m.
- Make sure to include me, KY, GB, and MG in the recipient list
- Since you are working on your papers, we will not do another chapter of POODR on Thursday. We will, however, return to Chapter 4 on Tuesday.
- Paper: Comparatively reflect on the the new draft ACM code of
- E.g., What changes do you see as particularly important? What other changes do you think should still be made? What else belongs? What doesn’t belong? Etc.
- Comparison to prior code of ethics.
- Reflection on what needed to change given the change in computer technology.
- Approximately 1000 words. Correct grammar and spelling. I may invoke the MC/JS rule if there are multiple problems with grammar or spelling.
- Due via email at 10:30 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 2
- Regular work on projects.
- Weekly Project Report, Friday at 5pm
- What did you accomplish this past week?
- What do you hope to accomplish in the coming week?
- What obstacles stand in your way?
- What resources do you need to help you accomplish your work?
- For Tuesday: Read Chapter 4 of POODR.
Good things to do
Note: I do not do extra credit in two-credit classes.
- CS Table TODAY
- Cool concert Wednesday
- CS Extras Thursday
- Follow our teams to their various MWC conference meets