Class 17: Work time + OOD
Groups work on their projects. Sam checks in on planning.
- Work time
News / Etc.
- I’ll do a quick check-in with each group to hear your plans for the week. The rest of the morning is yours. The mentors and I will be available to answer questions.
- Paper: Comparatively reflect on the the new draft ACM code of
- E.g., What changes do you see as particularly important? What other changes do you think should still be made? What else belongs? What doesn’t belong? Etc.
- Compare to the prior ACM code of ethics.
- Approximately 1000 words. Correct grammar and spelling. I may invoke the MC/JS rule if there are multiple problems with grammar or spelling.
- Due via email at 10:30 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 2
- Regular work on projects.
- Weekly Project Report, Friday at 5pm
- What did you accomplish this past week?
- What do you hope to accomplish in the coming week?
- What obstacles stand in your way?
- What resources do you need to help you accomplish your work?
- For Tuesday: Read Chapter 3 of POODR. (Read Chapters 1 and 2 if you have not read them already.)
Good things to do
Note: I do not do extra credit in two-credit classes.
- Convocation TODAY (11 am in JRC 101). Important topic, excellent speaker.
- Strange Escape Room stuff.
- Protest Bot workshop, Friday 4pm in Burling 1st.
- Swimming and Diving Saturday 9ish-1ish.
- Tailgate 11:30 Saturday on the Grassy Knoll.
- Football Saturday.