CSC 322.01, Class 22: Check-ins (and OOD)
- Notes and news
- Upcoming work
- Extra credit
- Subtype polymorphism, revisited
- Duck typing
- Static+explicit vs. dynamic+implicit typing
- Check-ins (individual)
- Work time
News / Etc.
- Remember the project reports are due EVERY FRIDAY at 5 p.m.
- Make sure to include all the alumni, me, KY, GB, and MG in the recipient list
- I didn’t see all of them last Friday.
- I will be leaving today’s class at 9:55 a.m. to teach CSC 161.
Please put your assignments in your planners or equivalent.
- For Thursday: Read Chapter 6 of POODR.
- Regular work on projects.
- Weekly Project Report, Friday at 5pm
- What did you accomplish this past week?
- What do you hope to accomplish in the coming week?
- What obstacles stand in your way?
- What resources do you need to help you accomplish your work?
Good things to do
Note: I do not do extra credit in two-credit classes.
- Pub-free quiz Wednesday: Math/Stats
- Convocation Thursday
- Students of voice recitals Friday at 4:15 and 7:30 p.m.
- VR club
Subtype polymorphism, revisited
- What is subtype polymorphism?
- Why do we use it?
- What is duck typing?
- How does duck typing support subtype polymorphism?
- What, if any, new things did you find in Metz’s presentation?
Static+explicit vs. dynamic+implicit typing
- What are the arguments for each?
- What do you think of Metz’s summary?