CSC 322.01, Class 08: Surprise reports
- Notes and news
- Upcoming work
- Extra credit
- Prep time.
- Individual group reports
News / Etc.
- Please let me know when you notice problems on the Web site. I think I’ve fixed most of them.
- I’ve decided to try a strange experiment for today. See below.
- PM will teach you more about “git” on Thursday. (branching and more.)
- Continue normal work - Setting up projects, etc.
Good things to do
Note: I do not do extra credit in two-credit classes.
- CS Table Today
- CS Extras Thursday
You have four hours outside of class each week to work on your project. You’ve had about one and a half weeks. Groups of 6 therefore have 36 hours of person work done and groups of 5 have 30. What have you accomplished in that time? Please present with appropriate context. You will have five minutes.
Some things to consider.
- What is your project (for your classmates who don’t remember)?
- What have you accomplished so far?
- What are your goals for the next week or two?
- What are some useful user stories for us to hear?
Individual group reports
- They met with their client.
- The College will not pay for Callisto.
- Callisto vs. Ethicspoint (our current anonymous reporting system)
- Looked at screenshots of UI at Pomona
- Clarified audience: Not just students, but also faculty and staff
- Goal of making it Grinnell-speicifc. (Through collab. with Advocates)
- History of Callisto etc.
- They looked at Ethicspoint
- They are starting to learn Django
- Set up working environment
- Working with Project Callisto
- Clear licensing
- They cannot call it Callisto
- Where will the info be? Who will pay?
- What info do they need from Callisto
- Legal issues they have to consider
- The school cannot store the info itself. Who will pay for the storage.
- Current goals
- Learn Django
- Get Sam to look into funding
- Have not yet met with client.
- Have prepared to meet with the client. They have a large list of questions.
- They have found the three repos but haven’t tried much. THey did get them running. Yay!
- Set up Slack.
- Working on list of requirements.
- Have working versions to show the clients.
- Is there documentation of stuff that has to be done?
- Have you talked to the students who developed other code.
- Have not met with client. (Will meet with a group of clients on Thursday.)
- Project is running. They’ve seen a few technical errors, such as the lack of an error
- Client is interested in status of photos in the database.
- It looks like it’s in a good state.
- Most of their goal is making it prettier.
- Will be meeting with KY to discuss various issues.
- Sam notes that there is more than just the directory.
- Think about how to save for next semester?
- Met with client
- Divided tasks - SMS, Security, UI, and more.
Client: Global Health
Sam missed this