Class 2: Shortest path
Held: Tuesday, 24 January 2017
We continue our exploration of the shortest path problem from the prior class.
- Formalizing the problem
- Selecting possible approaches
- Sample solutions
- Analyzing the sample solutions
- A common solution
News / Etc.
- I will once again take quick attendance.
- Thank you! to the students who started assignment 1 early and have been sending along questions.
- If you have not yet signed the department’s academic honesty policy, please do so now.
- The Web site is still under development. Expect some significant changes to the topics, but not to the timing of homework assignments and examinations.
- I will check in on daily note-taking responsibilities on Wednesday.
- We now have a Piazza site (thanks AV).
- Be responsible for your classroom. Make sure that your work area is
as good or better than you found it. At the end of class
- Pick up and discard your trash.
- Return your playing card to me.
- Push in your chair.
- Assignment 1, due 10:30 pm Wednesday
Extra credit (Academic)
- Community time: Healing from Hate, Tuesday, 11am, JRC 101.
- CS Table, Tuesday noon, topic tbd, Whale room.
- CS Extras, Thursday 4pm, Contracts.
Extra credit (Peer)
Good things to do
- Ag days Thursday.