CSC 301.01, Class 03: Asymptotic analysis
- Notes and news
- Upcoming work
- Extra credit
- Review of complexity analysis from 301
- Additional characteristics of Big-Oh
- Other notations (theta, little-oh)
- Casual and careful loop counting
News / Etc.
- Sorry that I could not be in class today. I had an unexpected personal commitment.
- The Web site is still under development. Expect some significant changes to the topics, but not to the timing of homework assignments and examinations.
- I will check in on daily note-taking responsibilities on Friday.
- We now have a Piazza site (thanks AV).
- Be responsible for your classroom. Make sure that your work area is
as good or better than you found it. At the end of class
- Pick up and discard your trash.
- Return your playing card to me.
- Push in your chair.
- Read Chapter 2 of Skiena for Friday.
- Assignment 1, due 10:30 pm tonight
- Assignment 2, due 10:30 pm next Wednesday.
Extra credit (Academic)
- Rosenfield Internship Talks, Thursday at 11 a.m. in JRC 101.
- CS Extras, Thursday 4pm, Contracts.
- Writers@Grinnell Reading, Thurday at 6 p.m. in the Pioneer Bookshop.
- Rosenfield symposium, next week. (Lots of different events)
Extra credit (Peer)
- Try out for Ritalin Test Squad! RTS is having a joint audition with IC this weekend from 12-3 in The Wall (Bucksbaum 154). People can email [improv] or [lfimprov] for more information or if they want to get emails about our shows, open practices, and events.
Extra Credit (Misc)
- Community Hour (Dialogues Across Difference), Tuesday at 11 a.m. in JRC 209.
- CLS Kick-Off Event, Tuesday at 11 a.m. in
North Campus Grove.
Good things to do
- Ag Days in Grinnell, Thursday the 31st.
The Grinnell Lions Club is sponsoring Ag Appreciation Day, Thursday, August 31 from 3 to 7 pm. Vintage tractors, demonstrations, family fun, tractor parade, food & games, and live music by Route 66 from 4-6pm. Bring the family! Free admission. Ag Day was started over twenty years ago as a way to bring farm families, agribusiness, and community members together to recognize and celebrate all forms of agriculture and agribusiness as a major economic force in the greater Grinnell area.