Algorithms and OOD (CSC 207 2014S) : Outlines
Held: Wednesday, 12 February 2014
Back to Outline 14 - Interfaces and Polymorphism.
On to Outline 16 - Inheritance, Continued.
We consider inheritance, the third key concept in object-oriented
programming (after encapsulation and polymorphism).
- Inheritance basics.
- Inheritance and polymorphism.
- I will not be holding a review session on Thursday. Sorry.
- Reading for Friday: Javadoc
- No writeup for today's lab.
- Finish the polymorphism lab before beginning the inheritance lab.
- I'll reserve a few minutes for questions on the homework.
- I'll reserve a few minutes for questions on the reading.
- I'll reserve a few minutes for discussion of the exam. Bring questions
- Extra credit:
- CS Extra Thursday at 4:30: Stone on Red/Black Trees
- CS Table Friday at noon: Law, Order, and Computers
- Define one class in terms of another
- Automatically "inhherit" fields and methods
- Can add fields and methods
- Can override fields and methods
- A transition in philosophy from Plato to Aristotle
- A technique for code reuse
- Also supports polymorphism