Held: Friday, 17 October 2014
Back to Outline 28 - Merge Sort.
On to Outline 30 - An Introduction to JavaFX.
We consider Quicksort, one of the more interesting sorting algorithms.
- A quick introduction to Quicksort.
- Key ideas from Quicksort.
- Same lab partners.
- Office hours
- No office hours next week.
- Have an awesome break. I hope you have a chance to rest and relax.
- We'll talk quickly about seemingly minor efficiency matters.
- Exam 1 hardcopy due now.
- Required epilogue due tonight.
- Reading for Monday after break:
- JavaFX (will probably appear at about midnight on October 26.
- CS Table Today (Day PDR): Debrief on GHC
- Ajuna's Radio show Mondays at 8pm. Listen to African music
- Ezra's Radio show Thursdays at midnight. Radio melodrama.
- Charlie's Friday Night "War in Animated Film" ExCo.
- Cook for ISO Food Bazaar. (You need to submit recipes in order to do this.)
- Eat at ISO Food Bazaar.
- Divide and conquer
- Using smaller/larger as the division strategy
- Randomness helps us select an approximation of the median
- I'm bad at probabilistic analysis, so we won't do it
- In the lab, you'll implement the partition portion of Quicksort over
- What are key ideas from the design of Quicksort that you might apply
as you design other algorithms?