Held: Monday, 20 February 2017
We consider one of the central components of algorithms.
- The parts of an algorithm, revisited
- Choosing between two options with
- Optional evaluation with
- Making multiple choices with
- Comparing approaches
News / Etc.
- New partners.
- Please make sure to return your computer cards to the jar.
- Exam 1 returned last night. I’m happy to take questions via email or during office hours. (I’ll probably add some office hours this week.)
- I have not had time to grade your quizzes. You may get them back on Wednesday (but you may not).
- Dates in formats like “10/02/2017” are ambiguous. Dates like “10/02/17” are even worse. Please use “YYYY-MM-DD” format for your dates.
- Please discuss which switching format you and your partner will use
- Switch every ten minutes
- Switch midway through class
- Switch every problem
- No writeup for class 16.
- Writeup for class 17 due Wednesday at 10:30 p.m.
- Exercises TBD
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: CSC 151.01 Writeup 17 (YOUR NAMES)
- Assignment 5 due Tuesday at 10:30 p.m.
- Reading for Wednesday’s class: Recursion with helper procedures
Extra credit (Academic/Artistic)
- Any of the many Grinnell Prize events.
- Wednesday, 5pm, Mary Beth Tinker Talk
- CS Table, Tuesday: Tapia.
Extra credit (Peer)
- Volleyball vs. Knox Tuesday at 7:00 p.m.
- Men’s Soccer Wednesday at 4:30 vs. Cornell
- Volleyball vs. Beloit, Friday at 7:00 p.m.
- Women’s Tennis vs. St. Norbert, Saturday at 9:00 a.m.
- Volleyball vs. Lake Forest, Saturday at 1:00 p.m.
- Women’s Tennis vs. Ripon, Saturday at 3:00 p.m.
Other good things
- Football, Saturday at 1:00 p.m.