Held: Friday, 1 September 2017
We explore some of the basic types in Scheme and the operations available for those types.
- Values and types
- Kinds of numbers
- Basic numeric operations
- Symbolic values
- Strings and characters
News / Etc.
- New places/partners!
- No attendance today.
- Thank you to everyone who is pointing out broken links and mangled text!
- Please make sure to send writeups to our grader and not to me. (I also get the grader email, but it helps me to keep things separated.) Make sure to carbon copy your partner.
- Writeup for class 3 due tonight at 10:30 p.m.
- Writeup for class 4 due Monday night at 10:30 p.m.
- Read: Defining your own procedures
- Read: How Scheme evaluates expressions, take 2
- Assignment 2 due Tuesday.
Extra credit (Academic)
- Rosenfield symposium, next week. (Lots of different events)
- CS Table, Tuesday at noon: TBD.
Extra credit (Peer)
- Women’s Soccer vs. Simpson, TODAY, 5:00 pm, Springer Field
- Women’s Soccer vs. Alumnae, Sunday, Noon, Springer Field
- Men’s Soccer vs. Coe, TODAY, 3:00 pm, Springer Field
- Men’s Soccer vs. Alumni, Sunday, 2:00 pm, Springer Field
- Volleyball vs. Wisconsin-Whitewater, TODAY, 4:00 pm, Coe College (Cedar Rapids)
- Volleyball vs. Wisconsin-La Crosse, TODAY, 8:00 pm, Coe College (Cedar Rapids)
Extra Credit (Misc)
- Community Hour (Dialogues Across Difference), Tuesday at 11 a.m. in JRC 209.
- CLS Kick-Off Event, Tuesday at 11 a.m. in “North Campus Grove<”.