Class 17: Digression on proving grammars equivalent
Held Wednesday, October 7, 1998
- I've added the ``selected reasons to use abstract syntax trees'' to
the previous class's notes.
- I was sorry to see so few of you at Professor Heckman's talk.
- How are your parser's going? I've heard that the id/type-id relationship
leads to some problems. Note that you can resolve some of these problems
by treating type-ids as ids and then making the distinction only when
you construct the abstract syntax tree.
- We may start on activation records on Friday, so you should consider
reading ahead in chapter 6.
- Netscape seems to have a bug with regards to subscripts. Does anyone
know anything about it?
All of today's class was spent on a discussion of proving two
- Created Monday, October 5, 1998 (empty shell).
- On Wednesday, October 7, 1998, I added the body of the outline,
primarily from the notes of the previous class.
Disclaimer Often, these pages were created "on the fly" with little, if any, proofreading. Any or all of the information on the pages may be incorrect. Please contact me if you notice errors.
Source text last modified Wed Oct 7 15:01:13 1998.
This page generated on Thu Oct 8 10:51:32 1998 by SiteWeaver.
Contact our webmaster at email@example.com