Class 4: Debate on Tiger vs. our own language as implemented language
Held: Friday, September 4, 1998
- Next Tuesday at 4:15, Raphen Becker, Sarah Luebke, Hilary Mason,
and Kevin McLaughlin will be talking about their summer research.
I strongly encourage you to come.
- Once again,
I will be distributing evaluation
forms for today's debate.
- On Monday, I will distribute my comments on your debates as well as
a short forms for you to evaluate the exercise.
- You should read the first two chapters of Appel by Monday. Be prepared
with questions on those chapters.
- This year is my ``interim review''. Mr. Walker will be observing our
class next week as part of that review.
- Arguing for Tiger: Vivek, Jamal, Kevin, Scott (3 min per opening argument).
- Arguing for an alternative: Ryan, Jack, Sarah, Yu (3 min per opening argument).
- This may be a more difficult debate, as the debators have less experience
to ground their arguments.
Disclaimer Often, these pages were created "on the fly" with little, if any, proofreading. Any or all of the information on the pages may be incorrect. Please contact me if you notice errors.
Source text last modified Fri Sep 11 12:28:10 1998.
This page generated on Wed Sep 16 11:21:15 1998 by SiteWeaver.
Contact our webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org