Software Design (CSC-223 97F)
Outline of Class 42: Fun Presentations
- A number of people have suggested that I allocate a full class period
for each presentation or otherwise find a way to give folks fifty
minutes per presentation. I don't think I can do a class period per
presentation, since that forces some folks to go unnaturally early.
Another alternative would be to have afternoon/evening presentations.
If you have any thoughts, let me know.
- I will hold a review session for the final on Wednesday, December
17, from 7-9pm or so. As always "ask me the questions, I'll come
up with answers."
- A final reminder that you are expected to fill out evaluation sheets
for every project except your own. Here they are:
- There is an additional electronic
course evaluation that you are required to fill out before you
can take the final. You will receive a number after filling out the
form and must bring that number to the final.
- It appears that the college has moved. Check out
- I've finally graded
Some notes are also
available (or will soon be).
- Some time next Wednesday I'll get you a sumamry of all the grades I
have for you. Sorry for the delay; William's illness stole the time
I had allocated for this.
- I'll be gone from 2:30 today until late Monday evening. Sorry about
that, but I would like to get my wife back here.
- I'll be in all day on Tuesday, and we'll have a review session
Wednesday evening from 7:00-9:00.
- A number of you have asked to be able to rank or grade the members
of your group, presumably so that you can reward those who made
the particularly outstanding contributions to the group. Hence,
each student has five "chits" they can award to anyone else in the
class, but preferably to other people in their group. You need not
award any or all of your chits and you cannot break chits into pieces.
I make no guarantees about the relationship of chits to extra credit.
To award chits, send me email with the awards you give and the reasons
you're giving them.