Software Design (CSC-223 97F)
Outline of Class 30: Human Factors, Revisited
- Read column 2, "Associative Arrays" in More Programming Pearls.
- Read the man pages for
- Sign up for
If there aren't enough slots, I can add one
for the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.
- We may have a sociological survey at the start of class today.
- I will be in tonight (Wednesday) from about 7:30 to 10:00pm, and
most of the day tomorrow (Thursday). Feel free to stop in and ask
questions. I'll be working on a book chapter, but am still happy
to speak with you. However, I may give rather short answers.
- Unfortunately, grading has been further delayed by this book chapter.
- More Programming Pearls has gone out of print. If you're
interested in selling or donating your copy to the department for the
next session of 223, please let me know.
- Mr. Schnell points out that a commercial Java profiler can be found at
- He also notes that the documentation on the freeware version he's installed
can be found at
- Since a student in another class used the first few minutes of class
for a paper-based survey, we used class time to discuss the design of
an electronic survey system.
- Further notes to be added later.