Software Design (CSC-223 97F)
Outline of Class 25: Human Factors, Concluded
- Sunil and Amartey are presenting The Many Body Problem in class
today. Their outline can be found at
- You are required to do an in-class presentation.
There are only four weeks left, so if you haven't signed up yet, you
should do so soon.
- I'm planning on offering an independent study on "Designing
Multimedia Exercises in Scheme and Java" next term (Spring 1998).
The goal will
to write multimedia libraries and exercises for 151 and 152. Let
me know if you're interested.
- There's a slight chance that I'll offer an independent study
in digital libraries and information retrieval either next term or
next year. Let me know if you're interested.
- I have some funding next semester for student programmers to develop
web tools in Perl or Java. If you're interested, let me know.
- Rather than implementing Project Clio, we might instead look at some
existing web analyzers and see how well they support our goals.
- Some include (thanks to Ryan for the help) ...
- Some indices of such tools include
- A performance rating of web analyzers can be found at
- Read the documentation and see how they might be used to answer the
following questions ...
- Can I determine paths through my site? If so, how?
- Can I compare usage from different countries? If so, how?
- Can I do incremental analysis of site usage? If so, how?
- How hard is it to install and use?
- What basic requirements does it have?
- If we were to continue with Project Clio, what testing might we do
- We could build cardboard mockups of our different interfaces, and
let people comment on them.
- We could make animations of our different interfaces, and let people
comment on them.
- We could find similar tools, and test using them ...