Class 49: More Design Discussions
Held Monday, May 3
- Design issue: what does
- Who "owns" the program we create?
- As we decided in class, the 3rd exam is now due on Thursday of
- Attendance is required on the last day of class.
- I will distribute the final on Friday, May 14.
- Each project component should be mostly working on its own (and certainly
compilable) by this coming Tuesday.
- Everything should be working by the following Monday.
- We will use lunchtime on Monday, May 10, for the demonstration of
our project. I'll spring for pizza.
- We start on our study of graphs this week. Those who've been in
MAT218 may have a slight advantage, but it's clear that we think
about them slightly differently in this course.
- Tomorrow, we'll try a different teaching/learning style (one that
students liked last year): you folks will alternate the role of
leader, and I'll sit in the class and make supportive comments
and try to guide discussion.
- Clif has suggested that we start to work with a ``professional''
code file management system so that we can easily share files. This
system is called CVS, and Clif has prepared a
basic set of instructions.
Please try this. (Perhaps on Tuesday evening.)
An apparantly short question about the project led to a class-long
discussion of the project. Sorry, no notes are available.
- Created Monday, January 11, 1999.
- Added short summary on Friday, January 22, 1999.
- Filled in the details on Sunday, May 2, 1999.
- Removed all those details on Monday, May 3, 1999.