Class 47: Lab: Traversing and Iterating Trees
Held Wednesday, April 28
- How do you visit/iterate/list the elements of a tree?
- Preorder vs. postorder
- Depth-first vs. breadth-first
- Traversal and linear structures
- Congratulations to Oleksiy and Eric. Both were on (separate) teams
that placed in the top 20% in the national mathematical modeling
- It's taking a little longer that I'd expected to get the code files
in order (in part, because a number of you didn't send them to me
until today; in part, because few of you bothered to make sure that
they actually compiled). They should be available
online by 5 p.m. today.
- Make sure to scan them by Friday. Be ready to talk about your
class and the classes you will use.
- Feel free to critique (constructively) your colleagues.
- Today we will do a lab on
- Look out! We'll be photographed.
- The college will soon be requesting an equipment grant from Sony.
It might be useful to try to include a component to support large
projects, like our art show project. If you think this has been a good
or great thing (or even if you think it's been a bad thing), it would
help if you'd send me a short, cogent, note to that effect.
Today's class will be devoted to a lab.
- Created Monday, January 11, 1999
- Added short summary on Friday, January 22, 1999