Class 44: Project Discussion, Continued
Held Friday, April 23
- Possible visitation from prospectives
- It looks like a photographer may be visiting class next Wednesday
to record ``science teaching at Grinnell''. I suppose that means
that we'll need to do something lab-based, but we'll see.
- Mr. Walker will be visiting class next week to evaluate me.
- We may have prospectives here today.
- I was glad to see many of you at Mr. Flynt's UML talks. The
are available online.
- Class-Responsibility-Collaboration cards provide a mechanism for
formalizing the ``what happens next'' discussion from Wednesday's
- For each class, you write down all the methods that you plan to include.
- We then step through cases, seeing who calls what.
- Many of you indicated that you thought that CRC cards would be an
interesting exercise, and we'll do them today. This will give us
more of an opportunity to understand what methods we need and use.
- Groups providing utilities (e.g., database, network) will spend ten
minutes or so developing CRC cards (write large; we'd like to share
- Groups providing GUIs will spend ten minutes or so drawing the GUIs
on the board. (They should also think about methods they might provide.)
- Add an artist/piece of art/buyer
- Compute the total spent by a buyer
- Update the record for a piece of art (e.g., set location)
- Created Monday, January 11, 1999.
- Added short summary on Friday, January 22, 1999.
- Modified Monday, January 18, 1999.
- Filled in the details on Friday, April 23, 1999.