Held: Friday, 11 December 2015
Back to Outline 55 - Recap.
We conclude the course.
- Course evaluation.
- Comments on the final.
- Final comments.
- Review sessions Sunday at 8 p.m., Monday at 8 p.m. A chance to ask about
the sample final (except for nest).
- Although it is not national pipe cleaner day, I brought you some
chenille stems to play with. Do not leave them around for custodial
staff to deal with.
- A few students in the two sections had enough overload or other issues that
they have significant extensions. Please limit your discussions about
exam 4 or the final to (a) meetings with faculty, (b) meetings with
individual tutors, (c) private meetings that cannot be overheard, with
people you know have completed the corresponding exam.
- I don't like threats, and I trust you. Nonetheless, experience
suggests that I must note that if you violate these rules, I
will consider it both a significant violation of class policies
(warranting an F in the course) and academically dishonest
(warranting a report to the Committee on Academic Standing).
- We will discuss the final exam at the end of class. You need not stay
for the discussion of the final.
- Because you did not receive feedback on your homework and you did not
receive grades on your last two assignments, I will also compute your
grade without counting homework and use the higher of the two numeric
grades. (If homework helps your grade, it counts. If it hurts your
grade, it doesn't count.)
- I no longer have office hours this semester. But if my door is open,
you can stop by. (I may sometimes say "I'm too busy.") You can also
ask to schedule an appointment.
- In at least one case on the exams that I looked at, I saw code that was
clearly copied and not cited. Please recheck.
- In at least one case on the exams that I looked at, I saw sample output
that did not match what I got. Please recheck.
- Optional Final, Tuesday at 9am or 2pm.
Extra Credit Opportunities
- Any visit to the current show in the Faulconer gallery. (Ends this
- Women's Basketball vs. Carroll, Saturday, Dec. 12 at 3:00 p.m.
- Honors voice recital Friday at 4:15 in Sebring-Lewis.
- Fill out the official evaluation forms.
- (I won't be here while you're filling them out.)
Comments on the Final
- Choose between four times: 9am or 2pm on Tuesday or Wednesday.
- Four problems. Four correct or mostly correct is an A. Three correct
or mostly correct is a B. Two correct or mostly correct is a C. One
correct or mostly correct is a D. Zero correct or mostly correct is
- Closed book. Closed computer. One page of notes permitted.
- Replaces lowest exam grade, provided it is higher than your lowest