Problem Solving and Computing (CSC-103 98S)
Outline of Class 5: More Problem Solving
Held: Tuesday, February 3, 1998
- I still haven't evaluated your assignments, and for that I sincerely
apologize. This is my first term teaching three courses and I have
not yet found the best way to balance the time requirements. This
is compounded by my commitment to providing the various online
resources, which I think have greater impact on your learning than
does my grading.
- To balance the "too much lecture" over the past few classes, we'll
spend most of the next two classes on problem solving.
- I've noted that you tend to stay in the same groups and am tempted
to mix the groups up. I'd like you to reflect a little on which
- Assignment: problem set 3.
- Assignment: journal assignment 5.
- Assignment: read chapter 2 of Thinking Mathematically (I'll get
you photocopies before or after class today).
- I'll collect your journals on Thursday and keep them until Friday.
Today we'll be working on problem