Software Design (CSC-223 97F)
Outline of Class 13: Projects
- assignment five is
now ready. No coding!
- assignment six takes
place over the same time period, and requires little coding.
- I'd like to hear general comments on
- Project groups have now been assigned.
Work with this group on these two assignments, and let me know by
next Thursday if you'd like to switch groups (and that's your only
chance to switch groups).
- A list of sample projects
is available. You can also look at the ones John Stone proposed
a previous session of 223
- A significant component of this class is a group project. Why?
- It's rewarding to work on a large project, and it is often only
possible to do larger projects as part of a group.
- Working in a group forces you to tune your communication
- It's part of the national curricular recommendations.
- I expect you to be able to complete fairly large projects, although
I'd like you to plan scalable projects, so that both supersets and
subsets are possible.
- Unless you have compelling reasons to work in another language,
I would like you to do your work in Java.
- Most, if not all, projects require you to think about data representation,
and user interfaces. All will require you to do a reasonable amount of